Saturday, July 2, 2011

Brightening up

I was beginning to feel that this house of ours was looking decidedly unloved and shabby. Things needed sprucing up a bit, so last night I got cracking with the sewing machine.

It's amazing how a simple thing like new cushions can breath new life into the living room.

Cushion number one - made with gorgeous fabrics gifted to me quite some time ago by my lovely friend Mrs Locket.


Look...look...I piped!! Feeling very grown up and important about that one :o)



Cushion number two - using gorgeous fabrics and handmade crochet trim that I received from Dragonfly, in Domesticali's Seven Day's of Happiness swap way back in February last year.



Doesn't my tatty sofa look pretty? :o)




Of course, by now I was on a roll and cushion the third was not long in the making. Again made with fabrics gifted by my lovely blog friends.




Sigh...



My timing was perfect, as Minx has rested her poorly earachey head on them for the past hour. Apparently they help the pain - love her :o)

Someone else had to get in on the cushiony goodness too....


Don't imagine they'll stay looking pristine for long!


xxx

11 comments:

dottycookie said...

Please tell me Merlin isn't chewing the piping!

Lovely cushionage - and even more so if they make your little one feel better. Hope she's well again soon.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cushions and no, I don't imagine they will stay pristine very long at all :-)

Is that a ruffle edging on that last one too? Nice to see all of those feet are getting a good testing. It feels great to spruce things up doesn't it. Your sofa looks very inviting.

Twiggy said...

oooo they are smashing, tell Merlin not to chew them, the rascal.
twiggy x

Gina said...

Very impressed with the piping. Hope Minx feels better soon.

Leanne said...

You cushions are lovely I think I like the bird on the most. I can not imagine a home where cushions stay pristine. Hope the Minx is all better now.

Thimbleanna said...

Awwww, how did Minx get an earache? I hope she's feeling better by now. Your cushions are all so pretty -- good work!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Lovely cushions, man you work quick when you put your mind to it. Love them and as for too cute a puppy shot...adorable...

silverpebble said...

SUCH gorgeous cushions. I especially love that bird fabric Mrs.

I was a little worried about puppy teeth on piping too.

Kaz said...

Those are such gorgeous cushions Lesley, love all those bright colours, especially the bird fabric. I hope Minx feels better very soon.
I can see you having to make Merlin his own cushion!!

wonderwoman said...

such lovely cushions, perfect puppy size!

xx

Locket Pocket said...

Your cushions are super smart - hope Merlin doesn't chew them too much!! L x