Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Alchemy

I do love it when a little kitchen experiment goes according to plan.



Unlike a recent dismally failed attempt at creating a sourdough starter, the latest bit of kitchen chemistry is a resounding success.



Homemade yogurt.



Using just a few basic ingredients and a food flask, I have created white gold - creamy, smooth and sweet white gold.

For the curious among you, I opted for skimmed milk (just under a litre), a heaped dessert-spoon of skimmed milk powder and a tablespoon of Yeo Valley Probiotic natural yogurt.

Yum xxx

8 comments:

dottycookie said...

OOOOH. I've always thought you had to use full fat milk and that put me off - do you need a proper flask or d'you reckon my old thermos would work?

Ali said...

Looks really good - how long did it take?

wonderwoman said...

that looks very scrummy!

xxx

French Knots said...

I made some but the children refused to eat it as it wasn't pink and full of sugar! It looks delish!

Locket Pocket said...

Yummy! So how did you do it?

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that looks like such fun! Did it take very long to make?

Twiggy said...

Goodness, I'm impressed missus.
twiggy x

Kitty said...

Oh wow - that looks more than good enough to eat. We used to have a yoghurt maker, but himself took it when he went. Tsk. Love your new backgroundy bit! x