Monday, November 16, 2009

Smiley stuff

After the past two weeks of ugh, things have taken a definite turn for the better.
Our very orange sofas, that my husband treated me to on Freecycle a couple of years back, have gone.



...and in their place two lovely blue sofas with washable covers....

....from a local charity shop.

We have an old for old policy in this house ;)

As if that wasn't exciting enough, I then received a parcel in the post.

Now, if something with this on the package turns up on your doorstep you just know you're going to be in for a treat.



Just feast your eyes on this glorious bundle of Rainbowy Rainbow Swap gorgeousness. all made for me by my very very clever and lovely bloggy friend Gina.



Thank you SO MUCH Gina - I LOVE everything you sent! The children were pretty excited too and soon laid claim to the Skittles :)

Minx has been promised this fabulous bunting for her sparkly new white walls.



Mmmm....just the thing to beat the ughs :)


Carrying on with the lovely stuff, here's the low down on a fab bloggy time in London this weekend.

I ran away on Friday afternoon - leaving Moogsdad with the mess and the task of supervising carpet fitting, followed by some shuffling around of furniture and reinstating small people in their very own (and very white) bedrooms.

First off, I arrived at Waterloo bang on time and after a brief text conversation arranged to meet Trashy beneath the clock. Moments later I turned at the sound of Trashy's whistle - she has me well trained...what can I say?!

We then met up with Mrs Locket and headed to Marylebone Lane for a bit of a mooch at the ribbons in VVRouleaux, via Cath Kidston for a spot of fabric shopping.

I failed totally to unearth the camera on Friday but suffice it to say, it was all very pretty and most therapeutic - the antithesis to the home I'd left behind!

After a bite to eat we headed to our luxury hotel for an evening of chat, giggles and knitting - lots of knitting.....never mind the nightclub next door....oh no....we entertained ourselves royally sitting in a row on our beds click-clacking away with our various woolly projects. We didn't need to go to the nightclub anyway as they kindly shared the music and shrieks of hysterical drunken fun for the majority of the night.

I'm getting old.

Saturday dawned bright and breezy and we headed out to Islington for some yarn-filled retail therapy.

Unfortunately, our destination shop didn't open until 11am, so we had to do something to kill the time.





This was the quietest they'd been all weekend ;)


On the stroke of 11 we dashed to Loop - see Trashy there? All blurred due to her haste to be first to dive in? Lucky she'd had that sugar fix or I'd have beaten her!



I got really rather overwhelmed in Loop and not only because of all the absolutely amazing floor to ceiling woolly stuff. One of my favourite knitwear designers, Ysolda Teague, was in there, setting up displays of some of her stunning designs. I eventually plucked up the courage to speak to her and tell her how fab I thought she was and how starstruck I was at meeting her.

She was so lovely - she didn't run away but stood and chatted with me and was so nice. Her designs are just incredible in real life - such a treat to have seen her there.

Whilst in there, Locket's bossy big sister (BBS), lovely niece (LN), and Emma Pebble arrived. Emma, Trashy and I ran away to Liberty while Locket underwent some intensive magic loop sock training.

I oohed and ahhed and stroked lots of things in Liberty but didn't buy anything. I did, however, treat myself to something very gorgeous from the brand new Anthropologie store on Regent Street.....just for me....for being a good girl and not throwing a hissy about the chaos at home....I felt it was the least I could do :)

I love it.


We then reunited with Locket, BBS and LN near Covent Garden and spent an hour or two 'enjoying' a late lunch in Nandos - where the staff apparently prided themselves on being uncommunicative and less than helpful.

A quick trip to the bead shop rounded off the day and we all said a fond farewell and headed off to our various train stations. I do love meeting up with my bloggy friends, especially as I feel we've known each other for years and this weekend was just what I needed.



I'll be back soon with photos of some gorgeous bloggy gifts, some rather lovely wool and two newly decorated bedrooms :)

xxxx

p.s. The craft stall went much better than expected on Thursday and proceeds helped fund my purchases in London. There may even be a little Etsy shop update soon.

27 comments:

Gina said...

I could kick myself! I knew I couldn't make the bloggy meet up on Saturday because I was teaching but I had a couple of hours to kill in London after meeting my friend Jude for the day and could have spent it with you three... I even had knitting in my bag! Instead I was roughing it at St Pancras Champagne bar ;)

P.S. Glad you liked the rainbow pressies!

Jane said...

Wow! I think Gina's rainbow goodies are lovely and your weekend meet up sounds great. Jane x

silverpebble said...

Oh it WAS lovely to see you. Very lovely indeed. Those were some of the best belly laughs I've had in ages.

Oh the cup. The lovely cup.

xx

silverpebble said...

BTW WONDERFUl rainbow goodies from Gina, you lucky Moog you x

Thimbleanna said...

Oh! So Unfair!!! How lucky to have such a fantastic meet-up -- I'm dying of envy way over here. Lovely pressies from Gina too. Sounds like it was a perfect weekend!

karenshopes said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all.
Karen

dottycookie said...

Lovely rainbow goodies, you lucky person! And sounds like the most wonderful weekend treat.

But d'you know what, Mr DC was already in trouble for making me miss the Great Bloggy Meet Up. Now I've read about it he is absolutely in the doghouse and I may even withold his dinner as punishment. Humph.

Ali said...

Sounds like someone's been having fun! Just sad I couldn't join you this time.

But I may get my own Anthropologie moment soon....

wonderwoman said...

what lovely presents you lucky girl you! I went to Libertys too, just looking - then Em and i went thro what felt like the whole of oxford and regent street!!! such sore feet!!!

xxxx

. said...

How fab to get to meet up with all those lovely bloggy ladies, and in such yummy surrounds too. You're a very lucky lady MrsMoog'smum.

xMx

trash said...

Funny how you say I look like a blur but it is still possible to see I was the most inelegant and parochial of bagladies over the weekend!

Had a triffic time despite luggage overload and next year I am definitely bringing a shopping trolley.

JuliaB said...

Ahhhhh.... sounds like you had a great time! LOVE the cup!

French Knots said...

Bet you were sad to say goodbye to your orange sofa!!
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all, not at all jealous...!!x

Locket Pocket said...

Oh it was such a lovely weekend - even if I am still exhausted now!!! The fact that we fell asleep laughing and woke up at 6.30 in the morning laughing just sums it all up really!

And I love your gorgeous goodies from Gina! What a lucky duck you are!

Locket xxx

Julie said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all :o)) And what a wonderful parcel from Gina, lucky you :o) Glad you've got some order back at Moog's house.

Lina said...

An old for old policy seems very sensible to me, what a good score on the sofas. I love your rainbow swap goodies, especically the crochet bucket.

Charlie P said...

JEALOUS! ...but it looks like you had a fabtastic day.
Lucky you getting Gina in the swap! Those are some beautiful rainbowish goodies. There's still no sign of anything in my post box :-( ...but I think that's Royal Mail's fault more than anything.
How exciting that you got to meet you knitwear idol! At least you didn't startle her as I startled Amy Butler by brandishing a small, woolly pigeon at her. Gushing is fine...pigeon-brandishing comes under 'clinically insane'.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh what lovely goodies!!!
and a bloggy meet..you lucky things.

Quinn said...

What a great trip! Glad the house is settled/settling down. I had to laugh about the "old for old" because I am in the process of donating a storage cupboard to the Salvation Army thrift shop, because I was just given (freecycled) an old blanket chest - lined with cedar! - that will soon provide safer storage for the yarns :)

Rachel said...

Glad you had a fab time and so sad I didn't get to join you - must be better organised next time! Think I underestimated how quickly the fair would tire me out! Lovely swap goodies too!
R x

Mama said...

Hmmmm... seems as though my invite has gotten lost in the mail. Blast that poor Air Mail service!

Glad you had a great time :)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! A perfect weekend to re-charge the batteries :o)

julie said...

I'm so glad things are looking up for you. What wonderful rainbow goodies from Gina - they would brighten any day. It sounds like you had the most absolutely perfect weekend - I can't think of anything I'd change in order for it to qualify as my idea of the best way to spend a couple of days!

Anonymous said...

高雄美女視訊.av情人輔助品.桃園視訊聊天室.美女貼圖片區.85cc免費情色影片.亞洲限制級成人影片區.百事無碼a片.百事成人電影.85cc免費看影片論壇.85cc辣妹視訊.微風成人小說區.383成人情趣用品店.18禁av影片無碼線上LIVE .後宮免費視訊辣妹.新浪辣妹視訊.jp成人網.新浪視訊168論壇.辣妹影片直播383成人.視訊線上 aa 片試看嘟嘟.視訊情色網.aio交友愛情館影音視訊.台灣本土自拍.北台灣視訊.情人輔助品.性愛故事性愛文學.免費視訊辣妹性愛巴士.美女交友hilive tv免費電影.禁地論壇比基尼辣妹.ut 聊天室環球辣妹聊天室.辣妹妹影音視訊聊天室.s383視訊.情趣商品限制級.av1688大天使娛樂網.飄蟲本土自拍論壇區.色色辣妺視訊 .玩美女人影音天堂.桃園援交.辣妹有約台北援交.kk視訊內衣秀.148 囡囡短片 taiwan.080情人網6k.av NO1.台南視訊援交聊天.辣美眉173show影片.免費視訊辣妹,愛愛.哈啦聊天室aio.美女交友-視訊聊天.情色視訊 av.聊天室 辣妹視訊 .同志聊天室 .ut同志聊天室.ut視訊聊天室.av片-性愛.080聊天室 .視訊ggoo.色情聊天室 ut.情人視訊網080.布蘭妮貼圖片區.sex貼片,姦淫小說.美女寫真.travian tw4.watchshow TV,維納斯成人用品

Michaela said...

I am so jealous I couldn't be there. Liberty is my favourite shop in the whole wide world. I've never been to Loop, but i imagine that would be my second favourite shop. As to meeting Ysolda Teague, you lucky, lucky Mrs Moog. Her designs are just beautiful. Jealous x 100.

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

what a fabby day....

Leanne said...

I agree lots of smiley stuff there and I can not believe Moog is on the floor and not on that lovely orange couch - what a well behaved dog he is.