Friday, May 8, 2009

Cobblers

This week I 'are mostly bin makin' shoes.......

Teeny weeny fairy shoes.

Apparently I should have decided which fairy they were for before I started making them but I always seem to do things back to front! I think this pair is for the spring sunrise fairy - using some of Julie's lovely snow-dyed fabric.

These red leather ones are for the really naughty fairy who makes you stick needles in yourself a thousand times while you're sewing her shoes.....lets call her the BandAid fairy!

I bought the pattern for the fairy shoes from Annette Emms, after my aunt went to one of her workshops and showed me the ten pairs of fairy shoes she'd made since!

I must add, in no way does Annette recommend you use leather to make her fairy shoes - I was just being Miss Independent and had the silly idea to use some scraps of 'soft' leather that I found at the Scrapstore. Take it from me, even soft leather isn't as soft as it seems!!

To carry on the shoemaking theme, I spent a very happy couple of hours making these too.
Teeny tiny crocheted booties, patterns from here.


Have a great weekend :-)

xxx

12 comments:

trash said...

Ooo! If I place an order half an hour ago will mine be done by half past two?




word verif: 'expat'!!!!

Calidore said...

Ohhh aren't you clever. Got to laugh about leather not being as soft as "soft leather" .....vbg...they were worth the effort though.

dottycookie said...

Now, then, I need some new slippers. Fancy beading up a large pair for me? No?

Gina said...

I've made fairy shoes like those from Annette's pattern - they're great. I love your little summery ones. I dodn't think I would have been brave enough to tackle leather!

JuliaB said...

ooooh! i am gasping at the beauty of those red shoes!!! they are surely fit for a very naughty pixie indeed no wonder it hurt to make them... beauty is pain after all ... Ooooh I love them, they are making my heart pound. They remind me of the story of the Red Shoes. how big are they???
xx

Locket Pocket said...

WOW!!!!!! No wonder you've been so quiet!!!!

Locket xx

Kitty said...

I fear I am a total blog geek - I took one look at those fabtastic red shoes and just knew that Mrs Marmalade Kiss would fall in love with them! They are all beautiful shoes Mrs Moogs ... are the booties for ... ahem .. you? ;-) x

Julie said...

Beautiful little shoes. Do you know any suitable fairies? Oh, and I'd be interested in your reply to Kitty's question!!!!

PS Thank you for the link :o)

julie said...

love the fairy shoes - especially the red pair, gorgeous! Good luck with your escaping chicken - there's always one troblemaker - we've got a really noisy one!

Twiggy said...

OOOO the little red shoes remind me of the Elves and the Shoemaker Ladybird book I had when I was little, they are lovely!!
Twiggy x

Jodie said...

oooh, they are divine - How big are they - I want to imagine they are teeny tiny.....

Lina said...

So cute and perfect - are they really teeny?