Thursday, January 1, 2009

...and a Happy New Year!!

It's so good to be back!

I haven't been near an email or an internet since Christmas eve.

We had my Dad here for a few days over Christmas and although it was very lovely to have him here it was also very hard work. These days he needs help bathing, dressing and getting up and down stairs - it's been a learning curve for me! He did go home happy and relaxed though :-)

Today, we decided to recharge our batteries with a visit to one of our favourite beaches.

We made our first footprints of the year in the sand....



....dodged a few waves....



....and wished we had one of these.


Hengistbury Head has the best beach huts. Many of them have a sleeping loft, with water, electricity and a chemical loo.....and some great views.

The beach cafe also has a lot to commend it....


Apart from today, my camera has not been out once over Christmas. Not even for the opening of presents!

After a total blog break, I'm feeling recharged and am looking forward to 2009.

I love New Year for the anticipation of what the year ahead may bring. Whether this be good things or not we have yet to see.

With so much gloom around in the media right now it is harder than ever to remain positive but who knows what great experiences are just waiting out there for us over the next twelve months?

I intend to make the most of every minute. I'm not making resolutions. There are things I want to do and, hopefully, I will do them.

After a great year getting to know all you lovely bloggers even better, I'm looking forward to more of the same.

I'm looking forward to another year of exploring all things crafty.

I'm looking forward to a whole year of sock knitting - I'm on my fifth pair! (after spending most of last year belly-aching about how I couldn't knit socks!!!).

What are you looking forward to?


To start the New Year off on a good note, I have a prize to award. You all came up with some great suggestions for a name for Mr P0045.
It took quite a bit of choosing. I was very taken with Totty Teabag's suggestion but in the end the prize just had to go to Leanne.

In the truest spirit of obsessive blogging, Leanne googled 'Gloria &'
Just look at what she found - here.

Faced with such a superb piece of research I felt I just had to go with it and name Mr P0045 after the lovely newlywed chap on the website.
So there you have it - Mr P0045 will henceforth be known as Marcel. Only time will tell whether the woolly Gloria and Marcel will have as exciting a year in 2009 as their interwebs namesakes did in 2008.....

......who knows, maybe there'll even be a wedding of the feathered variety!

Well done Leanne, on a fabulous bit of work. At some point soon I will get something on it's way down under as a reward :-)

I'm now off to read 126 blog posts that I've missed but before I go.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
XXXXXX



20 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Oh it's so good to have you back where you belong! On my computer of course!!

Congratulations to Leanne - hope Marcel likes his new name!

Locket xxxx

Kitty said...

Hello You! Welcome back, I've missed you. I hope you manage to get done what you'd like to get done. And that you laugh a lot along with the doing of it. It was a pleasure to read your blog over the last year, and I'm up for another year of it (at least).

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones.

xxx

Angela said...

It's nice to see you back. I haven't commented on your blog for a while but I have still been reading it.
I nearly commented when you blogged about the beautiful clothes you made for your daughter and your s-i-l's attitude. I have one of those - my sister. But I was so cross I decided it would be better not to.
So please keep on making and blogging.
Happy New Year.

Julie said...

Hurray! Welcome back Lesley! 2009 promises to be fun! Happy New Year to all at Moog's house.

French Knots said...

Happy New Year, I hope 2009 is a wonderful year chez Moog!x

Ali said...

Happy New Year Lesley - pass a chip please.

Unknown said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
It's great to have you back x

artisbliss said...

Welcome back. What a lovely trip to the shore you had. I love the beach huts. I know I've seen them used as the basis for an art project in the blogosphere somewhere.

Marcel is a super name, very fitting. Certainly better than P0045.

I hope you and the Moog clan have a great new year. I'm looking forward to continuing to read your fun blog.

Gina said...

Happy New Year Lesley - it's good to have you back! Marcel is a great name.

Jane said...

Happy New Year Lesley, I hope you have lots more fun with projects and other things. I love beach huts. Marcel sounds a great name for your new feathered friend. Jane x

JuliaB said...

Happy New Year to you too!!! I like the sound of those beachhuts but they are sooooooooo expensive these days! Here's to a craftabulous 2009

Leanne said...

Woo Hoo I hardly ever win anything so thank you Lesley....that does look like a cold beach love the waves though.

Penny said...

I hope you had a good time with your dad, in spite of all the help he needed.

dottycookie said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad you were able to spend time with your Dad,even if it was very hard work. Beach visiting looks lovely, but the thought of sleeping in a beach hut at this time of year? Brrrrr!

monda-loves said...

Happy new year Mrs Moogsmum! I'm glad Mr Moogsmum is enjoying his Christmas pressie - our boys never really grow up do they. Hope you had a lovely Christmas break - I too took a complete break from blogging, reading and crafting. I've only got 437 blog posts to read now (!).

Monda
x

picperfic said...

I love Hengistbury Head!! The beach huts look lovely. Happy New Year :^)

est said...

HAppy new year! oh mi oh my!! i'm so late!! lol

. said...

Happy New Year to you all. It's good to have you back.

Marcel is an excellent choice.

xMx

Mrs Jelly said...

Oooh - I've always pictured photographing my products with beach huts in soft-focus in the background but never known where there were any!
Thanks for entering my *FREE FABRIC GIVEAWAY* on my blog ;o)

Louise said...

Happy New Year to you. I hope for more time for blogging soon, I am way behind on everyone's posts. x