Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thank you

Yes, thank you - thank you all so much for your heartwarming comments to my previous post. We all read every comment and they were so much appreciated.



It's been a very strange few weeks, getting used to the house without Moog.

So many little parts of my day used to involve her and it seems to be the little things that we miss the most. Hearing the tip-tap of her claws as she trots up the hallway; coming in from the school run and going straight to the back door to let her out; having a reason to go for a walk; hearing her very special 'pigdog' snore as she sleeps off a busy day; seeing her curled up on her cushion under the stairs.

We decided almost straight away that we can't be without a dog. Meg was such an important part of the family and so much of our family time over the years has been spent taking her on lovely long walks to all our favourite places.


My knitting has been a welcome distraction - no surprises there then!

We are making some very exciting plans and I'm hoping that before too long I can let you in on them. Not just yet though, I don't want to jinx things!

Let's just say....once a Moog's Mum, always a Moog's Mum :o)

xxx

12 comments:

French Knots said...

oooh will we hear the patter of four little paws!?x

Locket Pocket said...

Can't wait!!

Julie said...

Your knitting is very impressive and I will look forward to your new family member. Moog would be happy that all her training won't go to waste ;-)

dottycookie said...

We used to hear our dog opening the living room door for years after she'd gone. I don't think they ever really leave us!

Very excited to hear your four legged news when you're ready ...

noknittedknickers said...

There's a wheaten terrier in Manhattan (quite rare to see) and every time I come across him I think it might be my dog that I haven't had for over twenty years. Quite nice to think he might have been here all this time... C.x

Jodie said...

She will be so glad that you are getting a new friend to care for the family.

mrspao said...

When my lovely cat Ophelia died last year, I felt like a limb had been cut off so we had to get another puss (who is really gorgeous too). They really get into your heart.

quiltygal said...

So glad that you are jumping straight back in....Can't wait to see what arrives Chez Moog..:)

Anonymous said...

I think there's no greater tribute that you can give to your Meg than giving another dog a place in your family. It's funny how much of a void they leave isn't it, down to the paws tippy-tapping. I'm a teensy bit excited to see new poop-ie but you are right not to want to jinx it. Beautiful knitting too xx

wonderwoman said...

i know when i lost my dog i had to have another one, i can't imagine our home without one.

xxx

julie said...

Glad to hear that you're making exciting plans - looking forward to hearing all about them. Gorgeous cables by the way - especially love the mustardy yellow ones x

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- all that knitting -- it's all so beautiful! This must be the year for puppies -- I know several people who have new dogs. Can't wait to see your new baby!